Airport Grade™ Asphalt Driveway Maintenance Guide
STEP 1: CLEAN
Clean loose debris from pavement with broom and rinse with a garden hose. Remove grease and oil with Airport Grade™ Multi- Purpose Driveway Cleaner or detergent. Treat chemical spills with Airport Grade™ Oil Spot Primer. Follow label directions.
STEP 2: REPAIR
Repair all cracks and holes and allow to cure thoroughly.
- Up to 6 mm (1/4"): Airport Grade™ Asphalt Driveway Crack Filler or Airport Grade™ Depression Filler
- Up to 12 mm (1/2"): Airport Grade™ Depression Filler
- Over 12 mm (1/2"): Airport Grade™ Pot-Hole Filler
Allow all repairs to cure thoroughly. Follow label directions.
STEP 3: SEAL
- Do not apply if rain or temperatures below 10°C (50°F) are forecast within 48 hours
- Apply early in the day for more curing time
- Just before use, wet driveway with clean water and remove any puddles
- Wear gloves to avoid contact with sealer
- Mix thoroughly and apply undiluted with the brush side of a squeegee in 3-4 foot sections using a cross pattern to coat evenly
- Smooth out ridges and excess sealer
- Apply in a single, even coat. Multiple coats or applying too thickly will cause slow curing and cracking
- Cures to touch in 4 hours
- Normally drive-able in 24-48 hours
- For larger applications mix containers together for uniform colour
- Do not use on concrete or asphalt less than six months old
- Do not mix with coal tar pitch or asphalt/solvent-based sealer
- Do not dilute
- For exterior use only
- Keep from freezing
19 to 33 m2 (200-350 sq. ft.) per 15.0 L pail. Coverage may vary according to surface age, roughness, porosity, weather conditions, and application method. Follow label directions.